[Evolution] 'Cannot Initialize Evolution Shell' message

I have been unable to run Evolution successfully since I upgraded to Gnome 1.4. The error I get is 'Unable to Iniitialize Evolution shell'.

Using a previous poster's advice, I ran Evolution through gdb and here is the output:

"Starting program: /usr/bin/evolution evolution

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Trying dir /usr/local/share/oaf

exited with code 01"

What is authenticating to what? Evoution to oaf? Is there some sort of
configuration that needs to be changed to authenticate?

Strangely enough, I cannot get that same trace every time. Soetimes I get the message above, sometimes I get:

"(gdb) run evolution
Starting program: /usr/bin/evolution evolution
Trying dir /usr/local/share/oaf

Program exited with code 01."

Any help would be appreciated. I have been using Nutscrape Messenger for FAR too long....

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com