Re: [Evolution] IMAP question

On 30 Mar 2001 11:16:24 -0500, Tom Cooper wrote:
Ok, so it's a behavior.  Not so snazzy.

Could the flags be updated when the focus shifts from the message?  This
is what Outlook/Netscape does.

Not really, its pretty slow over a slow link.  I think netscape just
does it in a background thread too?

The other thing that is interesting is that when I read messages under
evo, I have different read/unread marks.  I have had some crashes.  Does

What do you mean here?  The unread count is different under evolution
than other programs?

evo cache that info?  I'm guessing I can fix this by marking all
messages read through Outlook and then doing the same thing through evo.

Evolution caches all the info used to build the list you see, as well as
the read/unread counts.  Hrm, dunno if evo will pick up changes at
login, dan would.

What is the 'factory approved' method for this?

If you switch to another folder, it should synchronise the one you were
just on in the background.  This is the process that stores the flags
back on the server.  The other way to force a sync is to expunge the
folder.

I guess conceivably imap could sync incrementally in the background
using a thread, how hard would that be dan?  Sounds a little painful but
not too much?

 !Z