Re: [Evolution] crash on syncro

On 29 Mar 2001 13:19:21 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Le 2001.03.29 13:20:31 +0200, Not Zed a écrit :
Unfoirtunately that backtrace has no useful info, perhaps it crashed in
another thread?

I took that bt bug-buddy (from the gnome crash dialog). I'm currently
downloading the next snapshot (still some hours worth of download), how can
I provide a more useful bt ? is just running evolution-mail through gdb
sufficient ?

You start evolution-mail in gdb, let it crash, and then get a backtrace
for each thread (most of them will probably not be doing anything but
waiting for work).

i.e use:

info threads

will list which threads gdb knows about

thread N

Where N is the first number displayed for each row of output of "info
threads" will switch gdb to that thread, then as normal

bt

will show the backtrace of that thread.

Of course, it could also be things like memory corruption in 1 thread
causing failures in another :(  But well, maybe we'll be lucky.

 Michael