Re: [Evolution] i18n buglets

On 27 Mar 2001 16:42:08 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

2. With any Czech keyboard, the combination of the acute dead key and
the letter 'o' should produce 'o with acute accent' (0xf3) but instead
'n with acute accent' (0xf1) comes out - this is probably a typo but I
wasn't able to locate it. Other (even Gnome) apps don't have this
problem.

Maybe it's not using the right charset and/or font? I dunno...

As everything else is correct, I bet it's just a copy-and-paste error.

3. In the header fields of the outgoing messages, the spaces between
non-ascii words are lost. This
is what happens to a Subject consisting of two Czech words:

Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?mal=FD?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?test=ED=E8ek?=

The capitalization of the charset (iso-8859-2) doesn't matter, I'll look

I know, but why not be consistent if it costs nothing? Actually, often
we have to deal with such cryptic subjects directly (e.g.,
pilot-mailsync doesn't decode it yet) and so it is also important that
these quoted-printable subjects be short and readable as much as
possible. So I would prefer the following encoded form of the above
subject:

Subject: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?mal=FD_test=ED=E8ek?=

Pine and even Outlook do it exactly this way. Why use two charsets if it
can be covered by one?

4. Message sorting gives incorrect sort order for non-English locales.

Which columns? all of them? (other than the icon columns I'd imagine)

I tried From and Subject columns and cs_CZ locale. Also, the ISO-8859-2
letters are incorrectly rendered (or not at all) on the "From" button
when composing mail and also in some configuration dialogs - for
example, when taking an address from a header field, the dialog boxes
display Unicode representation.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka <Lhotka cesnet cz>