[Evolution] Problems running evolution from CVS

Hi,

I have been running one of the latest RH-6 evolution snapshots (03/06)
on my Mandrake 7.2 system with very minor problems. I then decided to
try out the latest from the CVS. I downloaded it and actually managed to
build it. I did have to install the latest gal from CVS. However, I
can't get evolution to run. When I first fired up the new evolution
after "make install", it popped up some windows saying it had to install
extra files.

1. Then it promptly died trying to allocate an obscene amount memory
~1GB. Trying again, it died trying to allocate a negative amount of
memory. Here is some of the output on my 3 attempts:

[ujwal kurukshetra ujwal]$ evolution
Registered type for component -- (executive-summary)
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent

GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate 1382085268 bytes
aborting...
Aborted

[ujwal kurukshetra ujwal]$ evolution
Registered type for component -- (executive-summary)
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent

GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate -401792924 bytes
aborting...
Aborted

Any clues?

2. I initialy tried compinling with pilot support, but I got a compile
error about a missing "pi-util.h". Do I need to install any package? I
already have pilot-link, gnome-pilot, gnome-pilot-devel.

Thanks,

Ujwal