RE: [Evolution] Importing mail from windooze?

On 09 Mar 2001 21:11:25 -0700, Daniel Ashley wrote:
      I knew this issue would crop up again.  This was discussed about two months
ago to a fair degree so I'll cut & paste the relevant part.  The bottom line
is that the .pst file is a proprietary database file.  The one Open Source
project/group that knows how to utilize MAPI to interface with a .pst is
Netscape/Mozilla.  Someone needs to hook up with that group for a fast &
proven solution if there is a desire to automate this process.  This

They only use it on Windows where it is available.

automation process is key to converting a 1000+ users from Outlook to
Evolution.  Hopefully Mr. Hakala can breath some life back into this issue.
      I again implore the Evolution developers to go with runtime version of SQL
for message store and avoid the mbox route.  Mr. Hakala wrote this in mid
January:

There is nothing stopping anyone from writing this SQL backend, its just
not a priority for us right now.

      Please note that I do not know if Netscape's (for Microsoft) mboxes are
compatible with Evolution's mboxes.  Jeffrey Stedfast is the person to ask.

mbox is mbox.  To migrate my mail, I just copied over the netscape
mailbox files.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com