[Evolution] mail filters

I'm having trouble using the mail filters. I've set up a filter that
will move any message that's older than a month to the trash folder. I
highlight the messages and than apply the filters. The messages get
moved but not deleted. I've also tried adding an action to specifically
delete them with the same results. Is this a bug or am I not using the
filters correctly. I have RH 7 with the cvs200103070905 snapshot.
thanks,
David