Re: [Evolution] GPG encryption problem

On 06 Mar 2001 13:36:41 -0500, Mark Logan wrote:

I have GPG almost working.  It will sign properly, it will
authenticate and de-crypt.  However, if I try to encrypt
anything evolution freezes.  I searched through the
mail list archives and found one other person who had
this problem - but no solution.  Anyone have any ideas?

I'm running the last RedHat 6.2 snapshot (Feb 16th)
with GPG on a Mandrake 7.1 machine.  If you need
any more details please let me know.

I ran in to something simular yesterday.  I think it has something to do
with not being able to find an appropriate key in your keyring.

I was attempting to send encrypted mail to a friend of mine who's
changed his email address, but kept his key.  Evolution froze (I was
expecting it to pop back asking me which key to use).  Sending encrypted
mail to myself worked without incident (and I've previously sent
encrypted mail to others).  Trying to update his key with the new email
address attached ran in to unexplained issues with GnuPG itself - but
that's another issue (probably lying somewhere with GnuPG, openpgp, and
PGP).

My only recourse was to write and encrypt the message externally and
then cut-n-paste into a new message to send.  Ack.

My laptop is Mandrake 7.2 also running the Redhat 6.2 Feb 16th snapshot.

--

.: Paul Hosking . pahoskin cisco com
.: InfoSec

.: PGP KeyID: 0x42F93AE9
.: 7B86 4F79 E496 2775 7945  FA81 8D94 196D 42F9 3AE