Re: [Evolution] Concernd abot hogging system

I'll add a late comment here ...

I've found ext2 and kernel 2.4 seems to have significant performance
degradation after the mailbox hits about 30mb.  Like it basically scaled
linearly up till that point, then seems to get slower faster than it
should for anything larger.  This seems to be independent of memory and
filesystem size which points more to ext2 to me, but I could just be
pissing in the wind here.

This is just emperical evidence on testing and profiling the mbox code,
not any real hard statistical results.

 Michael