Re: [Evolution] Please, please, please...

On 12 Jun 2001 22:49:35 +0200, Rebecca J. Walter wrote:
On 12 Jun 2001 13:20:08 -0500, David Durham wrote:
Sorry.. I'm in a tiff at the moment.. but you know what's as annoying as
crap?   When I hit 'end' and 'home' it goes either to the end or
beginning of the whole message... This is just not how most other
editors will behave.. It should go to the beginning or end of the line
your cursor is on...

This is how emacs behaves.

More to the point, there are settings in the Gnome Control Center
for how keys are mapped in the "Document Handlers -> HTML Viewer".
Select the Keyboard Shortcuts section and then select "MS like".
That might help.  If it doesn't, I think it's a bug and you should
enter a bug report in Bugzilla.  To work around the issue, you can
always define your own keymapping (use "Custom").  I agree with you
that default keymappings are important to get right.  We should
strive to make everything as intuitive for the majority of desktop
users as we can (e.g. Windoze users).

Best wishes,

        Miles