Re: [Evolution] RCPT TO response error.

(I'm cc'ing to the list so that the other developers can see and offer
ideas/solutions/etc)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Arne Sagnes wrote:

On 07 Jun 2001 15:06:18 -0400, Arne Sagnes wrote:
On 07 Jun 2001 14:03:23 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Can you give me an example of a before-and-after you change the address?
Do you have commas in the wrong places, etc?

Jeffrey,
  I'm able to reproduce this error when writing an email to
a single recipient, xxxxxx arcot com   I'm also having trouble
just sending it directly to evolution helixcode com   As a
matter of fact, I can't even send email directly to you using
fejj ximian com   If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate the
help. :-)  Thanks again.

This sounds pretty odd to me because I do it all the time (as do most of
the Evo user's I assume?). Perhaps it's a problem with your SMTP daemon?
I kind of doubt this... but I dunno.

You somehow still managed to send a message to me though, right? So how
did you change the address to make it work?

Another idea is that perhaps your SMTP server requires you to login
first? Some SMTP servers require POP-before-SMTP or a SASL mechanism. You
might want to look into it to see if that's the problem. If it's
POP-before-SMTP, then you might try always using "Send Later" and then
using send & receive to send your queued messages since sending
"now" won't do the POP-before-SMTP authentication.

Jeff

Arne