Re: [Evolution] Visual Notification of Mail

On 07 Jun 2001 07:15:09 -0500, John Graber wrote:
How about some sort of visual notification of new mail; such as
something in the status
dock on the Gnome menu panel?  This is similar to what Gabber does for
new messages.

(I'm lazy and don't like switching workspaces to see if I have new
mail.)

Yes, I have been thinking along the same lines.  I have another
idea for indicating "new" information in a component that needs
the user's attention (an upcoming appointment or a task that's
become urgent, new unread e-mail, new news arriving in GNotices,
etc).  Specifically, it would be cool if the icons in Evolution
Shortcuts could change to indicate this sort of thing.

To follow through with your idea of showing this sort of thing
in the status bar, that sounds great, but let's make sure that
all these "new important info" states get indicated, too.

I'll be happy to add a Bugzilla bug for this.

        Miles