[Evolution] evolution

I am looking for a text indexing library to replace our present one used for
indexing very large text (>500 MB) database. After reading the information
on the Ximian home page it seemed that the "libibex" library has all the
features I need, namely:

    - Very small inex size for a full text (......%)
    - Fast updateable indices, so there is no need to reindex everything
        again if some text is added to the existing data.

I downloaded the whole "Evolution" source, compiled and tested it.
I tested the "libibex" library from "Evolution" source on smaller sized
text files ( 10, 20, 100 Mbyte) disappointed as the index size turned to be
about 50-60% of the original text size. I used the "textindex" program
from "libibex" library. Is this file right for index?

The testindex progran made this file size:

Name                                              Index size
Simple text file (1,2 Mb)             20.4 Mb
Our text database  (16 Mb)          39,3 Mb
Our text database  (100 Mb)     51.5 Mb

I downloaded the new version "Evolution" program but was disappointed
as the index size again, I used again the "testindex" program.
If there is a problem with the procedure what I used, please help me identify
it. If you think that the libibex library does not performes as written on
the WEB that wolud also be valuable infomation.
I would like to try the libibex library without the "Evolution" progran if it
is possible.

Any help would be appreciated!
I am waiting for your answer.
Thank you.