Re: [Evolution] Snapshots?

On 19 Jul 2001 17:25:37 -0500, Matt Herzog wrote:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 10:00:01PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
What's up with the snapshots? The web page shows them being built every
day, yet the files on the FTP site haven't changed since July 12. Have
there been no code changes since then? Even if not, wouldn't the files
be date-stamped today?

Hello Mr Leone.

The snapshots are availible through Red Carpet. Have you subscribed to
the Red Carpet Evolution channel? This is the best way to run the latest
spanshot of Evolution.

Actually, no, it isn't - in my case, anyway. I use Mandrake 7.2, which
has no Evolution snapshot channel. The only way to get a snapshot via RC
is to have my system announce itself as a RH 6.2 system instead. Which
breaks my Mandrake Update, which means I have to re-set that file after
each snapshot.

Besides, I *like* doing it by hand. :-)

Sincerely,

-Matthew Herzog

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon mike-leone com>    ICQ: 50453890

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.