[Evolution] Nondeliverable mail (fwd)

Anyone else getting bounces from this address on this list?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 18 Jul 2001 22:36:04 +0100
From: Postmaster oninet pt
To: mark thisismyown com
Subject: Nondeliverable mail

------Transcript of session follows -------
kalvinklain oninet pt
The user's email name is not found.

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Bret Mogilefsky wrote:
I'm saying that if he redirects the ports back over SSH, the only traffic over
the network is the mail itself, and he won't have to run his mail program
remotely.  X is a bandwidth pig, especially with complex UIs like Evolution
redrawing things quite frequently.

He needs to chime back in here so we don't argue pointless causes ( =) ),
but I think the problem he has is that he either has no rights, or no
platform, to install Evo locally.

And even if he does, his configuration may be such that all of his mail is
kept in local mail folders on the remote machine, not in IMAP folders on a
server.

But we should let him tell us why he's running remotely, cause both our
worldviews may be so horribly skewed as to be useless :)