Re: [Evolution] evo redirected with X11

Mark Neill wrote:

This probably isn't an Evo problem - X is a bandwidth _pig_.  I hesitate
to run any X programs over a network that is not 2-3 hops, fully 100Mbps
to me.  The X protocol is just poor at that kind of performance - lots of
little packet updates with mouse move info and such.

This is not quite true. X needn't be a network hog. But Gtk+ is not optimized
for remote displays (quite the opposite in fact). Oh well of topic.

./borup