Re: [Evolution] evo redirected with X11

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Bret Mogilefsky wrote:
Or just redirect your IMAP or POP server with ssh and run evolution
locally.

Huh?

He dosn't say he's running it remotely because that's how he access his
servers - his mail program is on a remote machine, and he runs it from
that machine.  Redirecting your POP/IMAP services from remote to local
won't make his X session run any faster from the remote machine to the
local machine.

This is why I use Pine for reading mail at home, then suck Pine's mail
folders into my mailprog at home - because my mail is, well, at home, not
here at work with me :)