[Evolution] Befuddled Memory? (Evo doesn't remember my settings!)

Doesn't seem to have been mentioned here, so I thought I would:

The last couple of snapshots have broken evolution's ability to remember
things.  For instance, every time it starts, it asks me if I'd like to
import from pine/netscape, regardless of my clicking on the "don't ask"
button.

Also, I like to readjust my message panes to put the subject first, the
from and date smaller to the right.  Old snapshots saved this setup
between invocations, as well as start up in the folder I was in when I
exited.

Is this a known issue?  If not, to whihc component does this behavior
belong?  Something to do with the new bonoboconf?

Keith