Re: [Evolution] delete mail should move to trash

On 05 Jul 2001 12:25:54 -0400
 Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com> wrote:
Expunge only expunges a single folder while Empty Trash emptie all of
the trash folders (and since the trash folders are vfolders of all of
your real folders, it expunges all of your folders).

Hmm.  I think that the UI should probably be modified to make
these facts clear to the user.  So, "Expunge" should be "Expunge Folder"
and "Empty Trash" should be "Empty Trash Folders".

I am away from my test machine for a few days, so I'll ask some
questions here:

1.  Doesn't "Expunge" also empty the current folder's deleted
messages from the Trash folder?  Perhaps this should not happen,
since the UI doesn't reflect that.

2.  You mention trash vfolders.  I thought there was only one
Trash vfolder that was shared by all folders.  Is the "Trash"
folder really some sort of merged view of multiple trash vfolders?

3.  I would assume that no matter what folder I am in, if I delete
a message, that message shows up in the "Trash" vfolder.  Is this
correct?