Re: [Evolution] Evolution = big

On 03 Jul 2001 14:44:08 -0400, Conrad Akier wrote:
Is it me, or is the download size of these evolution snapshots getting
more and more bloated?  It used to be 4 megs, but now it's getting to be
nearly 10mb.  I thought that even 4mb was big, but 10mb is really bad.
Evolution is bigger than mozilla now (the browser and email client
together!).  This is getting crazy -- is anything going to be done about
this?

I speculate that debugging symbols were added to the packages so that
crash reports are useful. This usually bloats up the packages nice and
good, but getting debugging information is more important at this point
than the size overhead.

Joe