[Evolution] corrupted References: in folders

Long References: headers in incoming messages are being corrupted when
mail is collected from the system mailbox. The corrupted headers then
confuse folder parsing, especially when the corrupted headers make their
way into a reply in the Sent folder.  I am using procmail to clone all
my incoming mail into a backup file before it gets to the system
mailbox, so I know that the References: field is OK when the message
arrives to the mailbox. Here's an example or the original header:

Here's what is in the Inbox: