Re: [Evolution] Stability of today's snapshot.

On 25 Jan 2001 14:01:39 -0500, Tim Reilly wrote:
On 25 Jan 2001 10:15:26 -0500, Garrett Mickelson wrote:
Has anyone had the pleasure of trying today's snapshots 2001012508 on
Red Hat 7? How stable are they? Any major bugs that make it impossible
to send / receive via POP / SMTP? Any thing I should do, pre or post
install to avoid issues?

Thanks,
Garrett Mickelson

Well, I know the the Red Hat 6 version is top notch... except for a bug
in Executive Summary that I meantioned in my latest email, I haven't run
into any severe issues.

Certainly better than the previous snapshot in some respects, but it
also has new problems:

1. Still hangs sometimes -- losing mail! -- when retrieving mail from
the system mailbox.
2. Pasting the selection onto a compose window crashes the gtkhtml
editor.

Because of 1, I've set up procmail to clone all my mail onto another
file just in case. It doesn't always happen, and there are no obvious
error messages, which makes it difficult to track down. In contrast, the
previous snapshot would always hang when retrieving mail if there were
messages for the Inbox folder; messages filtered to other folders were
collected correctly. However, the snapshot before that was the most
stable for my kind of usage. I wish I had kept it...

-- F