RE: [Evolution] Advice

**      Where I'm going with this is two recommendations: first
** - efforts to create this functionality with open standards
** (calendar et al) are really important. But second (and this
** is burn-at-the-stake stuff) we really need to come up with a
** way to make Evolution talk to Exchange - not just getting mail
** via IMAP, but specifically to the calendaring application and
** achieve the degree of integration between
** scheduling and email that Outlook does so well.

It will not.  MS will not let this happen.  The communication methods
are not publicly documented.  If someone hacks it and makes it work then
MS will break it with the next Service Pack for Exchange.  This lack of
interoperability is too important to MS from a desktop dominance stance.
Burn the bridge & go free from the Devil.  Start right.

**      [personal pet peeve - Outlook will let me put '>' chars into a
** reply, but doesn't let me 1) select the character and 2)

As you can tell from this e-mail it does let one choose other characters
besides '>'.  You just have to spend a lot of time in the non-intuitive
Options menu.

** doesn't let me put the quoted text at the TOP of the reply instead
** of below it. Cut&Paste. Sigh]Cut&Paste. Sigh]Cut&Paste. Sigh]

** perhaps consider these things.
**
** My $2.0 x 10^-45 ($0.02, adjusted for post internet crash deflation)
**
**              Andrew
**
** --
** Andrew Frederick Cowie
** Director of Operations
** Upoc, Inc
**
** afcowie upoc-inc com
** mobile: +1-917-217-4578
** http://www.upoc.com
**
** "Order; counterorder; disorder"
**
**
**
** evolution maillist  -  evolution helixcode com
** http://lists.helixcode.com/mailman/listinfo/evolution
**