Re: [Evolution] Updates of Vfolders

On 17 Jan 2001 19:07:25 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On 17 Jan 2001 11:29:43 -0800, Scott Dixon wrote:
In the 2001011407 nightly update, I set up a Vfolder which filters on
status isnot read.  This collects together the unread messages from
various folders as it should.  However, after these messages are read,
they remain in the Vfolder.  Only when Evo is restarted are the contents
of this Vfolder correctly updated.  It seems like the contents of the
folder should be updated when the status of a message changes.

Not quite as simple as that because you won't have time to read the
actual message as it blinks out of the folder :-).

Yeah, I thought of that as well.  I didn't think of a real clean
solution to that.  Perhaps there needs to be a menu item to refresh the
vFolder contents or perhaps the VFolder contents should be automatically
refreshed every time you visit the folder.  Or at least the message you
are currently reading shouldn't go away due to filters!  Outlook has a
view for unread messages and I think they disappear as soon as you move
to the next message.  I'll have to check next time I run Outlook.

I believe dan and
jeff have discussed solutions to this problem.

Thanks.
Scott