[Evolution] Evolution and Pilot-sync

        Good morning,

        I was just wondering - when are the Pilot conduits going to be put back
into the 0.8 release?

        Story so far:

        Mid-December - installed Evolution 0.6.  Liked it lots.  Decided it was
time to buy myself (and the girlfriend) Handspring Visors, as it
appeared there was finally a movement to create a mature
address/calendaring/email app.

        Christmas - get Visors.  Come back to work, sync once - hurray! :)

        Post-Christmas - update to 0.8 via Helix-Update.  Visor ceases to sync
- conduits have mysteriously disappeared.

        Post-post-Christmas - try to update again.  Still no conduits, RPM's
fail install with dependancy problems.  Check mailing lists archive -
RPMs were built without --enable-pilot-conduits=yes switch.  "This will
be fixed in the next few days."

        Post-post-post-Christmas - check mailing lists.  More people asking
about status of Pilot conduits, no responses.

        Post - screw it.  Next - download and install source RPMs.  Attempt
build; fails with problems in .SPEC file - edit, rebuild, edit, rebuild
- full workday goes by.  Install newly-built RPM, segfaults on startup.
No conduits.  Entries in the GNOME menus, but no entries in the GNOME
Control Center.

        Run Helix-update seven or eight times daily, hoping to see Evolution
updates.

        Check mailing list archives - more people asking when conduits are
coming - still no responses.  Notice the "Daily Snapshots" entry on the
Helix Update list - try that.  Conduits entries disappear from GNOME
menus.

        I'm not slamming anyone - this is free software, and as such, we should
be happy with whatever we get.  I'm just outlining my experiences with
Evolution so far.

        I reiterate my question - it's been openly stated that the problem
isn't with Evolution, but rather just the packaging.  Evolution 0.8 was
built without the "--enable-pilot-conduits=yes" switch.  The ONLY reason
I wish to use Evolution (over Netscape Mail, Sylpheed, GNOMail) is for
the ability to seamlessly work with my shiny new Visor!  When can we
expect to see a new build with the Pilot conduits enabled?

        Cheers,
        - Drew.

--
Drew Smith, UNIX Network Administrator
Pacific Corporate Trust Company, Vancouver