Re: [Evolution] Evo 0.8 & NFS

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 09:30:44AM +0000, James Ogley wrote to To evolution helixcode com:
:-) Instaled 0.8 for SuSE at home yesterday - lovely
:-)
:-) But, before I do so today at work (where /home is an NFS mount) I seem
:-) to recall reading (may even have been on this list) that there are probs
:-) with the new version and NFS home dirs as the new version implements
:-) file locking
:-)
:-) Is this true?  Or am I safe? :)

Well, I have had some success on a RH 7.0 box NFS mounting homedir from
a RH 6.2 box.

I have had much better success on a RH 7.0 laptop, with local homedir.

*shrug*  I did use -enable-file-locking=flock when I built the copy to
run over NFS.  You are building from source? :)

YMMV...

Don

--
Don Harper, RHCE, MCSE                          email: duck duckland org
Just a systems kinda guy...                      http://www.duckland.org

Copywight 1994 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.