[Evolution] Strange behaviour - or wrong usage??

Firstly, once again my compliments to the Evolution-Team & keep doing
your good job!!
Evo0.8 is still better and much more stable than ever. Apart from some
'beauty' aspects, my main frustration is a behaviour I didn't find with
the previous versions: The messages overview keeps being sorted by
subject and what ever I add and change (Field Chooser) works well (I add
'Date' and sort according to date) will be lost when I start the next
time. This is, it will not show the latest messages, but sorted
according to the Subject. Then I add 'Date' once more and sort
accordingly and it works until I close Evolution. Next call will not
display 'Date' and once again sort according to the Subject. And so on
Is this a specific problem here (I tried in vain to search my folder
with the previous digests, but to no avail) or do I commit a serious
mistake in handling this thing?

Uwe