[Evolution] Feature Request

I wish there were a better place to put these, maybe I should just open
a "bug" and call it a feature request.   Blah so anyway.

I'm not sure if everyone else just runs evolution full screen on their
mega 1600x1200+ desktop, but I don't want to.  I do, but not by choice.
Why?  Well I like to be able to see, who the mail is from, and what the
subject is, all.. get this, before I select it!

Okay, so that said.  The reason why I have to run evolution full screen
is because of what information is displayed.  For sender it displays
something like this:

  "Matthew Knopp" <mhat netlag com>

The subject of course is whatever the subject is.  Normally that is okay
but way too many lists seem to think its important to insert the list
name in the email, so I get stuff like:
 Subject: [Evolution] Will it cook My Toast?

 and

 Subject: [Haunted-Trails-Staff-List] I think we need some wombats.

For Sender, I'd like the option of displaying just the quoted segment, and
if that doesnt exist, the mail addr.  For Subject, I'd like to be able to
strip out anything that matches a regex, like maybe /^\[.+]\s/.  So it
might look something like this:

  Sender                   Subject                       ...
  Matthew Knopp            Will it cook my Toast?        ...
  foo bar com              +- Will it cook my Toast?     ...

  Rather then:

  Sender                   Subject                       ...
  Matthew Knopp <mhat      [Evolution] Will it cook ...  ...

When skimming my mail, I just don't need to know the entire From: line,
if I need that -- I'll look at the message.  In the case of Subjects,
I know what list I'm reading, I've already filtered my mail, the folder
tends have the same name as the list.. If I'm still confused I can look
at the message, I don't need the reminder in the folder listing.

I hope I explained what I want clearly enough.

-Matt