Re: [Evolution] Evo v.8 and RH7

Hi Duncan,

I've  updated everything.  I have verified that all the packages listed below
are installed (by looking them up in gnorpm and also making sure the files are
in their proper directories).

After reading that Herbert got this to work by using the --nodeps token, I also
tried this and got evo to install and run.

Basically, bonobo, oaf, and gconf install without any problem.  The problems
are with gtkhtml and evolution rpms.  The dependency tests fail (the output is
below).  Skipping the dependency check (using --nodep)  will allow evo to
install.  The first time I ran evo I did get a seg fault but after that it
seemed to work ok.   I guess there is some problem with the install scripts in
the rpms.  It's odd that not too many people are complaining about this.  Maybe
it only effects RH7.0.

libbonobo-print.so.2- is needed by evolution-0.8-0_helix_4
libbonobo.so.2- is needed by evolution-0.8-0_helix_4
libbonobox.so.2- is needed by evolution-0.8-0_helix_4
libgconf-1.so.1- is needed by evolution-0.8.0_helix_4
libgconf-gtk-1.so.1- is needed by evolution-0.8-0_helix_4
libgnomevfs.so.0- is needed by evolution-0.8-0_helix_4
liboaf.so.0- is needed by evolution-0.8-0_helix_4
libbonobo.so.2-is needed by gtkhtml-0.8-0_helix_4
libbonobox.so.2- is needed by gtkhtml-0.8-0_helix_4
liboaf.so.0- is needed by gtkhtml-0.8-0_helix_4

Thanks,
Scott