Re: [evo-users deadtrout com] Re: [Evolution] outgoing smtp servers

In message <004301c09daf$67c0cc60$830a01a5 mm ap org>, "Terry Ewing" wrote:
I think the ultimate answer for this would be to have the SMTP server
delivered via DHCP.  I know the standard doesn't support it but that's
usually the only missing piece when you get a dhcp lease.

The standard does support it : option code 69 according to RFC2132.
But up to now there is no OS (or Linux-distribution) which uses it (on the
client side). Rumors are that some MacOS-Release will do it in the
near future.
Actually this implies the SMTP _is_ a global configurable option.

        Bernd

--
Bernd Petrovitsch                              Email : bernd gams at
G.A.M.S GmbH                                  Fax : +43 1 8958499-60