[Evolution] IMAP problem

Hi all, congrats on Evolution which is looking great. I've been trying
the snapshots for a while now & I'd love to use it as my day-to-day
mailer but I have a problem with IMAP folders which makes it unusable.

All headers are downloaded & display correctly in the list pane, and a
few messages display perfectly in the preview. But most messages
silently fail to download (always the same ones, though I can't see any
obvious differences from those that work). This includes single lines of
text sent using "mail" from the command line, and from Evo itself, so it
doesn't seem to be a formatting problem. When I click on the header in
the list pane I get a blank preview pane. "view source" also shows
nothing.

On the console, for a message that downloads correctly I get:

Single click
emitting cursor changed signal, for uid 20
selecting uid 20 (direct)
selecting uid 20 (delayed)
got message in dispatch thread
setting msg Retrieving message 20
Release
redisplaying
got message in dispatch thread
clearing msg
setting msg Loading message content
clearing msg
redisplaying

and just this for one that doesn't:

Single click
emitting cursor changed signal, for uid 16
selecting uid 16 (direct)
selecting uid 16 (delayed)
got message in dispatch thread
setting msg Retrieving message 16
redisplaying
clearing msg
Release

Netscape 4.x and Mozilla clients both read all messages in the folder
perfectly. I presume there's a problem somewhere in the imapd - camel
interaction -? I can't find anything similar mentioned on the list or in
bugzilla. I've tried killing & deleting all the usual things,
reinstalling, and starting with a new, empty IMAP folder (when I do
this, all new messages arriving in the folder fail to download). Before
I get into IMAP/Camel debugging, am I missing something obvious? Is
anyone else seeing this?

I'm using Redhat 6.0 (until my new machine arrives :-) i386, Ximian
gnome, RH6.0 snapshots (same problem on 0.8 & every snapshot I've tried,
including 16/02). Everything else seems to work, including mbox folders.
The server is a solaris machine, IMAP4rev1 v11.241.

Thanks!

David.