[Evolution] TTF problem

I can't use Evolution if my default GTK font ( ~/.gtkrc ) is a TTF font.
If so, I can see Menu choice and nothing else.
Email text, email summary, folders list and so on are blank (null).

If I set as default GTK font something else (fixed misc, now), than everything is ok, but
I have to use the whole Gnome Session with this font.

I'm using Debian Potato r2.
As TTF Server I'm using xfstt, I've tryied to use both port 7101 (its default) and 7100.
Nothing changes.
X is 3.3.6.

Have you some idea?

Cosimo.