Re: [Evolution] pop server usage question

On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 14:35, Matthew J. Doller wrote:
i'm using evolution to access a pop account of mine.  it's set up to
check for new mail every 5 minutes, and to leave the messages on the
server.
recently i got an e-mail from my administrator saying that over the
course of a day, i had accessed over 700 megs of mail over the course of
a day.

Ugh. This is the fault of the hack to deal with keep-on-server for old
POP servers that don't support UIDL. It downloads the headers and
MD5sums them and uses that as the uid. So it's downloading all of your
mail headers every 5 minutes.

I know how this can be fixed, I'm going to file it in bugzilla.

-- Dan