Re: [Evolution] Can't trust evolution to empty trash

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 01:40, wolfi wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if this is already known or maybe fixed in the snapshots;
my version is 1.0 on SuSE 7.3.
I got my mail settings to 'empty trash on exit', which evolution
sometimes does follow, sometimes not. What's more, sometimes the trash
folder is empty, and next time I go there, all the trash is back there!
It seems to (randomly) happen with all the mails I did not really delete
with the actions-empty trash manoeuver.

Any ideas on that?? Should I bugzilla this?
Cheers ...

Wolfi
==================================
mailto:wolfi_z web de

I was a little confused by this also. I appears as though when you move
a message from one folder to another manually (filers don't seem to have
the same effect) it "deletes" it from the original folder and "creates"
it on the destination folder. At least that is what I guess is
happening.

I just kind of learned not to look in the Trash unless absolutely
necessary. Otherwise I'll spend 15 minutes making sure a piece of mail
wasn't actually deleted ;-).

/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 Play Rogue, visit exotic locations, meet strange creatures and kill
them.