Re: [Evolution] what's up with all the 'evolution-executive-summary' processes?

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 02:17, John Sturgeon wrote:
Thanks Dan,

Strangely, gtop does total up this memory usage.  I would say this is
indeed a bug in gtop.

And a very well known one.  This confusion comes up quite frequently...

Dan

Regards,

--
John <><

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 18:00, Dan Winship wrote:
    On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 19:31, John Sturgeon wrote:
    > Looking at the evolution processes running, I come across *several* (20)
    > evolution-executive-summary' processes:
    > each one taking up a whoping 10Mbtyes of memory.

    That's how linux represents threads. It's actually one process with 20
    threads, each using the *same* 10M.

    The summary uses gnome-vfs to read web sites, so it ends up spawning a
    separate thread for each weather and RDF site in your summary.

    -- Dan