[Evolution] Cannot start Evolution - Wombat PAS error

Hi,

I am a Debian Woody user.  Because there is no red carpet for me, I
downloaded the source for evolution-1.0 and compiled it.  The
compilation completed uneventfully.

When I try to start evolution, I get the following message:

"Cannot intialize the Ximian Evolution Shell.  Configuration Database
not found"

Tracing through the program, I believe the problem is with wombat.  When
I try and load wombat manually, I get:

wombat;pas;Message: Error registering the PAS factory: not listed
wombat-Message: main(): could not initialize Wombat service "PAS";
terminating.

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks!
Francis Yom
fyom symmsys com