Re: [Evolution] One possible fix for evolution-mail not working
- From: Jeff Paquette <paquette mediaone net>
- To: Gil Hauer <gilh sympatico ca>
- Cc: evolution ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] One possible fix for evolution-mail not working
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:57:22 -0500 (EST)
On 6 Dec 2001, Gil Hauer wrote:
Thanks for the tip; I checked the directory and it is, in fact, 755. Oh
well, I'll keep banging on this puppy -- eventually it will be beaten
into submission :)
On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 03:32, Dave Allen wrote:
I've seen posts over the last several weeks complaining that for
What happened to me was that the evolution RPM file (for RedHat 7.2
anyway - not sure about other distros) isn't explicitly setting
permissions on /usr/lib/evolution/camel-providers/1.0, so this
directory was being created as drwx------ on my system. Changing the
permissions on this directory to drwxr-xr-x (and the usual killev ;
oaf-slay bit) fixed it for me.
Hope this helps somebody out there.
I sovled my evolution-mailer crashes by
# mv evolution old-evolution
I had to reconfigure my three email acocunts, but evo is now running and
fetching mail without crashing. I closed the program, did a killev to be
safe, and copied my mail folders to the new evolution directory, restart
evo and there was my old mail, nice and accessible.
The only thing I still have to do is move my filters over. I'll have to
figure that out tonight.
paquette mediaone net
] [Thread Prev