[Evolution] (no subject)

Hello,

This has been bugging me a fair bit.

I downloaded Ximian desktop the other day and find it pretty good.
When using red carpet, I try to get Ximian evolution, and it tells me
I have a failed dependency - libpisock.so.3.

So, what I usually do is I goto rpmfind.net and get my required
package.
But this package is already installed.

I then decided to have a look around in the /usr/lib directory and
found
I do have the lib there: libpisock.so.3 (which is a symlink to
libpisock.so.3.0.1).  Why is rpm saying I don't have libpisock.so.3
when
it's in my libs, and the package that it is included with is already
installed too?

Is this a problem with Evolution, or a prob with my system?

If anyone would be so kind as to explain how and why this problem
occured. There isn't a lot of literature on the web related to
resolving
dependencies like this.

I could force --nodeps, but I'd rather keep the db in order.

Regards,

Michael

P.S. i know of others who have had the same problem as me.  we're both
using Redhat 7.1.