[Evolution] using local mailbox format with Evo

Hi,

This question refers to a moan I have about Evolution.
What I would like it to do (which pine can very easily) is
to be able to read my mail as it comes in rather than waiting for evo to
download the whole lot (sometimes 500 msg's a night), then remove from
the server and then read my mail.

I'm using pop and SMTP for receiving/Sending.

Ive tried specifying in my mail account on evo to use local mail
delivery, but when I click send/receive a box flashes on the screen so
quick I cannot read it ( I suspect it's tried to collect it and
finished).

Ive also tried setting it to: Standard Unix mbox spools (again its got
the correct path: /var/spool/mail/mark), but this does the same.

I can do the above in Pine (as Ive got a .fetchmailrc file).

What would I have to set in Evo to do this?

Thanks

Mark

--

----
        A penguin a day keeps the fatal exceptions away...

                              Registered Linux User: 208939
                                Licq: 119422259