Re: [Evolution] Ximian Connector?

the answer to Outlook in a "Yeah, use Evolution.  It's cool.  Oh, but
you have to pay for Exchange interoperability." way, and that no-one
mentioned this before.  Feels almost like we have to start again, to
find another way of arguing "Linux is free.  You can do _this_ with it."
to our bosses.

I think the Exchange connector plug-in is a great idea, and I hope it
brings Ximian lots of money -- enough to justify continued development
of Evolution and their other cool stuff.  (In fact, I'd really be
interested if Ximian let us know in the future how successful the
product was.)  Of course, I probably only say that because I'm not an
Exchange user. :)

But I don't think we have to "start again," as you say, if some day
Ximian creates a free alternative to Exchange Server that works with
Evolution.

Since we're on that topic, Ximian may be thinking about charging for
that server software.  If they do, I hope they keep in mind that people
like me have 3 systems (work system, home computer, and laptop) that I
like to keep synchronized, and I'd hate to have to fork over big bucks
server-side software I'm using personally.  Even better is if it will be
GPLed. :)

Cheers,
Jason.