[Evolution] Important warning about recent CVS Evolution

Hi everyone,

        A bug was introduced into Evolution CVS around Thursday night which we
believe can cause serious data loss for POP3 users. It *may* also cause
data loss for IMAP users, and definitely can cause problems for all
users.

        Email messages that are not encoded in US-ASCII or UTF8 will seem to
have empty bodies, and in the process of downloading messages over POP3,
it appears that their bodies are completely lost.

        This bug is NOT in a snapshot and is NOT in Beta 3. The responsible
changes to Camel HAVE since been reverted on the main CVS server, so if
you have been using a CVS version of Evolution, you will want to update
your copy immediately. If you use an anonymous CVS account
(anoncvs.gnome.org) the problem may still be present. If the top of
camel/ChangeLog contains a comment about reverting a commit due to a
bug, your version is safe.

        Sorry for the inconvenience.

        Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton