Re: [Evolution] Possible wishlist item for Calendar/mail interoperability

That feature is on my todo list.

However, it has been on the list for a LLOONNGG time and I don't know when it will be done.

I was thinking along the lines of sending the message I'm reading to a little utility that can edit and then enter a event. I cut and paste dates and times and locations and the summary and can also annotate the message with useful tags.

I was planning on looking at Mozilla as the client. My organization uses Netscape as their primary e-mail client. If I can do something for both Evolution and Mozilla, so much the better.

I would love to have someone help with integrating into both Mozilla and Evolution.
  or find out why that can't be done :-)

If anyone is interested and is not in a big hurry (we are working on importing gnome-cal into iCalendar at the moment) send me an e-mail.

NOTE: I am not part of the Evolution team or the Mozilla team. I'm just a happy user who wants to help.

Gary
http://www.jsoft.com/
gary frederick jsoft com

Janne wrote:
I frequently find myself finding out about appointments of various sorts
from mail messages sent to me (they are typically not in a form
conductive to automatic updating of the calendar). Often, there are a
good deal of details regarding the appointment in the mail message that
I would like to have as a part of the appointment details (things like
'where', 'why' and 'how' come to mind).

With that in mind, I'd like to have another mail action (something like
"Add to Calendar") that would give me the appointment editor, with the
text of the mail message already entered into the appointment
description. Yes, I'd have to give it a summary and a time, but then,
I'd have to do that anyway.

Having this functionality, I no longer have to be worried that I
accidentally delete crucial information from a mailbox before the
appointment has passed.

Any comments, suggestion or other feedback?