Re: [Evolution] gtkhtml very unstable

On 27 Apr 2001 02:42:19 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:
I'm sure this is known, but in case it isn't...  gtkhtml
crashes very quickly (latest anoncvs) when opening a
Compose window or replying or fowarding an e-mail.  It
dies as soon as I hit <CR>.  When I exit, I get this
message:

This is a bug in ORBit that is fixed in the orbit-stable-0-5 branch in
CVS but still active in 0.5.7.

Stealth changes like this aren't very nice.  I didn't see
anything about this in the gtkhtml Changelogs, so I never
would have figured this out.  Shouldn't ORBit's version number
have been bumped and gtkhtml's dependencies as well?

It's already fixed if you get the right ORBit, we're working on plans
for the next release.

I updated ORBit from CVS, and it compiled fine.  But when
I tried to install it, I got

Making install in everything
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dhensley/dev/OO/test/everything'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dhensley/dev/OO/test/everything'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dhensley/dev/OO/test'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Then I tried Evolution, and it still had the problem.  What
should I try next?

Dan

--Larry