RE: What is a VFolder? (Re: [Evolution] help - Ive just deleted all mymail for some strange reason?)

Thats not quite right either, remember vfolders work with imap too.

We keep a 'summary' file, which contains a subset of the headers - the
headers that can be used in vfolders, such as subject, to/from/date etc,
in a compressed format.  This is loaded into memory when the folder is
opened.

Most vfolder queries then just run directly in memory from this summary.
Body searches can also use an index for local queries, which works
similarly to the glimpse search engine (but is entirely different code),
otherwise they goto the imap server, or load each message separately.

 !Z