Re: [Evolution] Possible solution to LDAP license issues

On 10 Apr 2001 10:55:31 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
Hi,

I've had two ideas about the LDAP problem:

1) http://www.mozilla.org/directory/csdk.html - the Mozilla C SDK for
LDAP.

This sounds like a good approach, this is what we used to get around the
openssl thing too, assuming it is appropriately licensed.

2) Is the LDAP support seperate to the main evolution executable, or is
it built in to the executables?  If it's a component, then how about
distributing source RPMs which link to a LDAP library.  The user then
builds it which links to the users LDAP libraries, whatever they may be.
I'm not a GPL/C/LDAP wizard so I don't know how viable this is.

And try to get around the spriit of the license?  Whose side are we on
here?