Re: [Evolution] change splash screen please

Scott,

Don't worry, I don't think this splash screen will stick around until
the final version.  Ximian has been using a different splash screen for
each preview version released since 0.7, I think.  This follows a
tradition possibly introduced by The GIMP - see
http://tigert.gimp.org/gimp/gimp-splash-history/ (which offers a few
examples that fit into the "could be worse" category.)

Having different splash screens offers an obvious cue when you've
upgraded to a new version, and makes life a little bit more fun for all
of us.  These splash screens come straight from the developers to you,
and have not been approved by focus groups, the marketing department, or
probably anyone else (This is just an educated guess - I don't work at
Ximian, maybe there actually were a team of marketers and designers
debating the proper positioning of that nose...)

Anyway, if you just can't stand it, try "evolution --no-splash".

Abe