[Evolution] Bonobo config script can't see liboaf?

Hello everyone,

This seems like it would be a FAQ, but I don't see a mail list archive
anywhere from the Ximian page (is there one?), so I'll ask here...

I have just downloaded all of the necessary prerequisites for Evolution,
and I've installed Gal, libunicode and Oaf so far. When I run the config
script for Bonobo, I get:

    checking for Oaf >= 0.6.2... Unknown library `oaf'
    configure: error: not found

All of the Oaf libraries are sitting in /usr/local/lib, which is included
in my /etc/ld.so.conf. I have run ldconfig.

Is it seeing my oaf libs and just not liking them? Any input is greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave