Re: [Evolution] gnome 1.4

So what does the sound system have to do with OAF?  If I kill oaf with
"oaf-slay" and then start evo, everything runs fine.

On 06 Apr 2001 08:10:22 -0400, Fernando Pereira wrote:
On 05 Apr 2001 23:45:12 -0700, Chris Bailey wrote:
I too am running a 2.4.2 kernel.  However, one noticeable speed decrease
I observed today was in upgrading from Sawfish .36 to .37.  Evo launches
dramatically slower, and hitting Reply, Forward, Compose, etc. has it
take a really long time to open the window.  Before this Sawfish
upgrade, it was snappy.  Is it possible you have Sawfish .37, and that
maybe it's somehow a Sawfish .37 combined with 2.4.2 kernel?
I saw a problem like this when I upgraded to the latest Gnome 1.4 beta
from RC, RH 6.2, kernel 2.2.17. It turned out that the problem was in
the Gnome desktop sound subsystem, which was repeatedly trying to open a
sound device and timing out in the attempt. I didn't have time to try to
fix it, so I just turned off desktop sounds, and Evo became responsive
again.

-- F