[Evolution] Unable to run evolution

Hi guys,

I downloaded 0.5 and all the libs mentioned in the press release.
Namely:

ORBit-0.5.3.tar.gz
bonobo-0.18.tar.gz
evolution-0.5.1.tar.gz
evolution-0.5.tar.gz
gnome-print-0.20.tar.gz
gnome-vfs-0.3.1.tar.gz
gtkhtml-0.6.1.tar.gz
libunicode-0.4.tar.gz
oaf-0.5.1.tar.gz

and compiled them all with

./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr && make && make install

This lead to no errors whatsoever compiling and by the end of the process
I had what would appear to be a fully functional evolution install.

Or so I'd have assumed :)

after running evolution I get the errors below, could someone point me in the right
direction to solve these problems?  my flatmate's pc (basically identical) runs
evolution fine using the exact same install process.

==BEGINS==
evolution-shell-WARNING **: No Evolution components installed.

evolution-shell-WARNING **: e_folder_type_registry_get_icon_for_type: Unknown type -- mail

evolution-shell-WARNING **: e_folder_type_registry_get_icon_for_type: Unknown type -- calendar

evolution-shell-WARNING **: e_folder_type_registry_get_icon_for_type: Unknown type -- contacts
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Calendar
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Contacts
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Drafts
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Inbox
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Outbox
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Sent
EStorageSetView: Adding -- /local/Trash

==ENDS==

| Michael Koziarski                   |"Conventional wisdom is often   |
| BCA/BSc Student, OpenBSD/Linux user | long on convention and short   |
| & Objectivist.                      | on wisdom" --                  |
| http://www.koziarski.com            | Warren E. Buffett, BRK.A       |