Re: procmail again, and Re: [Evolution] Filter and marking requests

Jim Duberg said:

The only downside I could see would be that my mail filing and
notifications would then require that Evo would be running; if Evo or the
X server crashed, none of the scripting actions would take place. Hmm...

I agree that the "gui" way of doing filters is easy, but -
Doesn't Evolution and other MUAs just do filtering at the client end,
but procmail can do the filtering on the server, so that if you are
accessing IMAP mailboxes from two or more different clients, you don't
have to set up duplicate filters on both clients?

Yeah -- good point.  I guess the next question is, what is the Evolution
design position on this?

Should filters that move messages from inbox to another folder on the IMAP
server be client-side only?  Can an IMAP server do any of the filtering on
the server-side?

Or are we still stuck with procmail? :(

--j.